Thursday, July 26, 2007

Icarus Landing



Finally it has arrived.

Those skeletons that we all have in our closets cannot stay hidden for ever…no matter how hard we try. You can run but you cannot hide and someday when you least expect it you will fly too close to the sun and, like Icarus before you, come crashing back to earth. Only then will the grim reality of life and what you’ve tried to leave behind begin to make sense.

The cause of the worry at the back of my mind has been gnawing away at me for around ten years. I don’t remember the last time I was asleep long enough to dream.

Today it revealed itself and proved to be more horrific than I had feared.

I have always known that this moment was inevitable but somehow that does not make it any more palatable. Strangely though I feel energised by the thought of what may unfold in the coming days and weeks.

3 comments:

Naughti Biscotti said...

Dave, what's going on???? What are you talking about?? What have you got going on in that little grey head of yours?

Anonymous said...

Skeletons in closets - we all have those.

Running and hiding is always so easy but.....

Sometimes standing and facing the ghosts of your past can be the most freeing and invigorating thing you have ever done. It clears the way ahead for a whole new future written and ruled by you.

I hope whatever is on your mind resolves itself quickly and in your favour.

Anonymous said...

<3 2 U

I've been to your blog only once and after, completely ignored it. I truly regret that. I see you're an amazingly thoughtful and incredible person. I have loved having you as a friend. Wherever you are heading, I absolutly wish you the best in life!