Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's Alive...

You may remember that I previously mentioned that I had been tempted to do a little moonlighting by providing a guest post for Scott at Perspectives Of A Nomad. http://scottageb.blogspot.com/.
Well I submitted the piece this morning fully expecting it to get trashed before publication. Guess what?...Scott published it with only one minor alteration...Fuck was changed to F***, I can live with that. This despite the fact that he did not agree with the content.
This along with the excellent introduction that he penned for the article has made my day. Sad I know but hey what else is there to cheer a man's soul on a Thursday afternoon?
Respect to Scott and if you get a chance check out the rest of his blog. For your convenience I've linked him up over there ---->

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dave!

Well constructed, well written and well researched.

Definately makes me think.....

Two thumbs up to Scott for giving you such a glowing and unbiased introduction.

Anonymous said...

Proud of you!

Can't wait to see his response.

Do you think that his waiting 12 hours to post a response was in the interest of fairness and uninfluenced comments or?............

Was it because he is now having to completely rewrite his planned article to respond to some of the points you raised?

Maybe not... but wouldn't you feel good if it was?

Anonymous said...

Oops! Forgot to say........ Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Scott's site.

I've managed to kill more than a few minutes going through his archives and his blog roll today.

Scottage said...

Hey Davenelli,

Just wanted to let you know the post was up, and that I would be very interested in your opinions on it.

BTW, eeeeeeee, it is in the interest of fairness. If I posted at the same time, I am afraid it would sway the dialog, where I really want to hear people's opinions on the post itself. I try not to let the original post or the comments sway my views.

Scottage said...

Just wanted to say I posted your follow-up. Also, Lammy, I'm so glad you did write in, I gained something from your insights, thanks for participating.