Sunday, August 06, 2006

Alanis Morrisette Would Be Proud

As the odd looking Canadian bint has been known to sing..."Isn't Is Ironic" Except in her case being a Canadian she has no idea of how irony works.
This story however is about as ironic as life can be. I found this online this morning and as today marks the start of the Internationally Renowned Edinburgh Festival I thought it was highly appropriate.
Yes according to today's Sunday Times the poverty stricken african nation of Nigeria is sending Aid to Scotland's capital city. The full story can be found here...
As a proud Glasweigan you can only imagine the delight and amusement this story has provided me.
I particularly love the quotation from Kezra Shakir, The Project Supervisor, that each of the Nigerian volunteers will be provided with a list of suggested reading prior to making the trip including Irvine Welsh's Trainspotting. Laugh I almost soiled myself.
Alanis Morisette & Irvine Welsh can both be purchased from Amazon. Click the link over there ---> and shop till you drop.
Thanks to the owners of www.oyibosonline.com for the tip off on this story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously you read the same papers that I do....

This story also got a mention on my site this morning. I can think of more than a few expats in Nigeria that will be tickled and/or offended by this.

I do want to a follow up story. I want to know how many of the 'Aid Workers' actually return to Nigeria after their mission of mercy. I see a slight increase in the illegal aliens figures in Scotland's future.

Anonymous said...

FOR ANY THING IN PORT HARCOURT RIVERS STATE NIGERIA visit www.phcityonline.com great site

Anonymous said...

great site about PORT HARCOURT www.phcityonline.com