Saturday, August 02, 2008

Death Or Glory

Icarus

Visionary or just a crazy mixed up kid?

We’d all love to fly but how many are prepared to take the necessary risks?

Too few I say.

Life is a game and you only get one shot. That’s the beauty of it.

I suppose that’s also what keeps many of us from taking the gambles required to be all we can be.

Rather than aim for the sky we accept the mediocrity of the hand being dealt without trying to improve the odds.

Don’t do it.

As I near my forth decade I understand fear and no longer shy away from it. I've seen and felt far too much to worry anymore.

I’ve taken some risks, perhaps more than would be considered sensible, but as my old dad used to say “you can’t win the raffle if you don’t buy a ticket”.

Sometimes it is more exhilarating to twist instead of playing safe and sticking.

Why not try it next time?

You might like it.

No comments: